Monday 10 April 2017

It all started with Super Fudge .. creating a life long passion for reading.

It is those parenting moments that just melt your heart.  They make all the hard work and sleepless nights worth it.  Walking into my daughter's room and finding her with her head in a book is just that moment.  Reading was such a struggle for me. I didn't read my first chapter book until I was in grade four. I spent an entire week hiding under my covers with a flash light reading Judy Blume's 'Super Fudge.' While reading was and continues to be a struggle - that book ignited a love of reading that has fuelled both my personal and professional life in so many unexpected ways. Now after six years of putting Bowen to bed with a story every night... I may be obsolete. She is as much a veracious reader as I ever was and at much younger age.#gradeonereader #soproud❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment